3 beetroot, roasted and cooled
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 large bunch of kale leaves (remove stalks)
2 teaspoons Cumin
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
Pepper to taste
- Roast the beetroot in a hot oven (200 degrees) for 45-60 mins. You should be able to score them with a fork easily to know that they are done. Leave to cool, and peel once they are cool.
- Sauté kale in olive oil for 10-15 mins until wilted. Set aside to cool.
- Add chickpeas, cooled beetroot and kale to a blender with cumin, garlic & yeast flakes and blend until the mix comes together.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in hemp seeds.
- Shape into burger patties (you’ll make about 6 in total with this mix).
- Place onto sheet of baking paper and wrap in foil. Freeze patties for at least four hours before cooking.
- Cook the burgers in a hot oven (200 degrees) or in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Make sure to flip them self way through, whatever cooking method you choose!
- Serve on burger buns with your favourite toppings. We love jalapeños, baby spinach and Vegenaise with ours!