I made this recipe originally to use up some leftover rice bubbles we had in our house. This recipe is great for a quick on the go breakfast or an afternoon snack. Very easy to double the recipe to make sure that it definitely lasts for the whole week!
- 2 1/2 cups rice bubbles (rice krispies for all our UK and US friends)
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup (45g) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light golden syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons vanilla pea protein
- In a large bowl stir together the rice bubbles, oats, chia seeds and vegan protein powder. Set aside. Grease a 20x30cm baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the brown sugar and golden syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat just until boiling, then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Pour over the cereal and oat mixture and mix well.
- Press into the prepared pan using the back of a large spoon. Allow to cool, then cut into squares.