One of the best vegan desserts!
This ultimate sticky toffee date pudding is rich, gooey, moist and unstoppably tasty. We perfected the recipe (and the toffee sauce) so that you are able to make everyone jealous of your baking skills at your next dinner party.
225g pitted dates
150ml hot water
50g vegan margarine
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp lemon juice
175g self raising flour
100ml soya milk
For the Toffee Sauce…
75g vegan margarine
140ml soya cream
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Lightly grease (with coconut oil) and dust (with flour) a baking tin.
3. Pour the hot water over the dates and leave to to soak for 10 minutes while you make the pudding mixture.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together, then add the bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. Next, fold in the flour and milk a little bit at a time.
5. Blend the dates with the water until fully combined to form a thick puree, and mix into the pudding mixture.
6. Transfer cake mixture to a baking tin and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the sauce by heating all ingredients in a small pan until boiling, then turn the heat down and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
8. Serve a big slice of pudding with a generous drizzling of toffee sauce!