Can you make cookies with chickpeas?
This recipe is proof that you can! The first time that I made these bad boys, my brother was in disbelief that these actually had chickpeas in them. If you want to disprove all your friends and family (and share with them some yummy treats) then these chocolate chip cookies for you!
- 1 can chickpeas
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with baking paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor (if you use a chocolate block like I did, break them up before you blend them). Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let me know what you think!
Show us your chick pea cookie creations using #ReasonablyVegan 🙂