I have been working on a few recipes of late using coconut flour. One of my favourites are definitely these chocolate chip cookies! Although neither Alan or I are gluten intolerant, some members of my family aren’t able to eat gluten and I often get asked for vegan friendly recipes that are also gluten free!
Using different flours and different baking techniques is something that I really love about creating recipes – I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
- 3/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Coconut Flour,
- 1 cup Almond Flour,
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips, (I used a small bar of Aldi dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Add the baking soda, coconut flour, and almond flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Let the cookie dough sit for approx 10 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb the moisture.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets in approx 1 1/2 teaspoon portions and slightly spread using the back of a spoon (they won’t spread as much as traditional cookies when they bake, so you have to help them out a little bit.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still be soft and browned when they come out of the oven, but will have lost their doughy shine. Let them sit on the baking sheets for several minutes to set before moving them to cooling racks to finish cooling.
- Try not to eat them all at once.