But.. where do you get your protein from? If only I had a dollar for every time I (and many other vegans) were asked this question. These protein balls (made with pea-isolate protein) are a great supplement – even though there are so many natural foods that contain protein!
Simple, good for you vegan snacks, without breaking the bank.
* 1 cup chopped dates
* 1/4 cup pea protein isolate
* 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
* 2 tbsp. unsweetened desiccated coconut (more for rolling the balls in after)
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* 1 tsp. Chia seeds (optional).
- Breakdown the macadamia nuts in a food processor. This can take some time depending on your processor, but stick with it. You’re looking for a crumbly, sand like texture to form. Next add in the other ingredients and mix until everything is well blended and begins to clump together.
- Take small portions of the mixture an form the balls by rolling in between your hands. Coat the balls with more desiccated coconut.
- Devour and enjoy! 😉
Show us your Coconut and Macadamia protein snack creations using #ReasonablyVegan 🙂